Saturday 2 May 2009

New projects.

Rhian and I really enjoyed Wonderwool. There was a fabulous array of wool and accessories to purchase. I was very restrained, but did buy a few things for a couple of new projects. I couldn't leave without some Peaches and Creme cotton to make dishcloths. My daughters have a ball each too, and are both slowly creating a dishcloth with some interesting features like holes, twisted stitches and loops! I managed to finish this one in two evenings, which is good going for me!














I also bought a felted slipper kit and some wool for a felted bag, even though I already have wool for a felted bag, sigh, I just couldn't resist it. Oh well, it's been stashed in the drawer with all the rest, but hopefully not for too long.

My current project is a pair of Regia socks. Very enjoyable and addictive, so much so, I've already ordered more wool to make another pair! Once I have finished these I'm going to start on the broomstick lace jacket. I have recently joined Ravelry, and there is loads of info and pictures of the jacket which I'm sure is going to help when I get stuck!!! The pattern is from Stich Diva and they have also posted YouTube videos about broomstick lace and how to increase and decrease - very helpful. I'm not very good at crochet, let's hope I can pull it off!






No comments:

Post a Comment