Sunday 26 July 2009

Frustration on the sock front!

For some reason, only known to myself, I have decided to make ALL my family socks for Christmas. That's 22 pairs, or 44 socks, as my husband kindly reminds me on a regular basis!

Anyway, I have completed one pair, for one of my four sister-in-laws, using the very tried and trusted Regia pattern, and gorgeous fyberspates yarn. I have started on another pair for my brother-in-law Martin, this time, excitedly, using a pattern from my new purchase, The Little Box of Socks. The twisted German cast on proved to be the first 'challenge', and as I started to knit, it wasn't looking good. Thinking I could 'get away' with it I carried on. Several silly errors later and after trying this very large partially finished (past the heel turn and way down the foot) sock on my beloved's foot I decided it wasn't to be... Ripped!

After several deep breaths, I have now started the socks again. I've gone down a size, the twisted cast on looks much better and I seem to have learnt lots of valuable lessons. I'll post a picture of the finished socks soon (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment