Monday 24 August 2009

Baby Blanket



Well, things have been a bit quiet on the blog front - I blame the Summer holidays! Over the weekend I completed this baby blanket for my friend's third baby, Emily. I had a sneaking suspicion that she may be a girl from the start, but in a moment of panic just before she was born, I ripped back the very lilac project I was working on an made this neutral offering instead!! I should have stuck with my gut instinct it seems! This was a great project to do - the pattern was easy to remember so it could be picked up and put down whenever. The pattern is taken from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby and is made in her Rialto DK in beige which I happened to have in my stash. I've decided to use this pattern as my stock baby blanket! I've another friend due next week so I may make another one - this time using another stash yarn: cashmere cotton. It is another Debbie Bliss yarn which has sadly been discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment