Sunday 15 March 2009

Sock Wool...

I have now gone and ordered wool to make socks! As if I didn't have enough on the go already!!! I did, however, manage to finish the cardi and hat for my nephew, but forgot to take a photo before I gave it! Oh well, I'll have to find something else to take a picture of.

My South African mother-in-law told me something rather amusing. Apparently part of the Xhosa tribe, known as 'the amaPondo' are into knitting, especially the men!!! They probably need to knit as they come from a pretty cold (in winter, anyway) part of the Eastern Cape. She tells the story of a burly cane cutter who used to knit every evening after work! Funny, and many still think of knitting as a 'granny's' hobby. Two of my non-knitting friends fell about laughing when I told them of our plans to create a knitting group and blog! I'll see if I can convert them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment